Benefits of Soft Tissue Therapy
Canine Massage helps to relieve pain and tension, improve flexibility, facilitate circulation and strengthen the immune system.
The pressure produced by massage, moves blood through the congested areas of the muscle tissue, and the release of this pressure causes new blood to flow in. The squeezing and pulling action also flushes lactic acid from the muscles and improves the circulation of the lymph fluid which carries waste away from muscles and internal organs. This results in improved body function. Good circulation brings damaged or tense muscles the oxygen rich blood they need to heal. See specific benefits below.
Massage for Muscle Rehabilitation
- Loosens tight & constricted muscles and increases comfort
- Releases trigger points
- Addresses muscle spasms and knotted tissue
- Aids in the removal of waste and toxin build up in muscle tissue
- Facilitates blood circulation supplying oxygen to the muscles for greater muscle health and healing; and moves the blood through congested areas.
- Stimulates the movement and drainage of lymphatic fluids
Massage for Recovery and Healing
- Reduces scar tissue formation resulting in greater mobility
- Reduces pain & swelling
- Aides in postoperative healing
- Speeds up recovery from injury
- Calms the nervous system
Massage for Sport & Working Dogs
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Stimulates nerve function to improve Proprioception
- Increases energy and endurance
- Shortens healing time of strained muscles and sprained ligaments
Special Needs and Senior Dogs
- Addresses arthritic problems
- Reduces pain, swelling & stiffness
- Minimizes muscle atrophy and restores muscle tone
- Improves Mobility
massage for General Health
- Aids in digestion
- Nourishes the skin and coat
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Stimulates liver and kidney function
- Strengthens the immune system
Massage and other bodywork modalities are a valuable form of complementary care in the overall health of your dog, but not considered a substitute for medical diagnosis or veterinary care. K9 Body Works recommends routine veterinary care for your dog.